Tuesday, April 9, 2019

The book of my memoir on my mother is ready!

My dear family, friends, colleagues and students,

The book of my memoir on my mother is ready!

U will recall I wrote the first five parts in the form of four blog-posts here on Against the Tide, during 26 April to 25 May 2009. Your response encouraged me to write 20 more chapters. Now ten years later, the book is going to print in time for the 50th death anniversary of my mother! Like the blog-posts, my memoir is titled: ‘Lessons my Mummy Learned Me’.

Finally, the book of my memoir on my mother is ready!

Date of publication: 02 May 2019.
First edition: 1,000 copies.
A get-together on the occasion of its publication
will be held on Saturday, 18 May 2019, from 10am to 1pm,
at Akshar Nandan Shala, off Senapati Bapat Road in Pune.

The book is for private circulation only; not for sale. Hence, the first edition will not be available in book-stores or on-line. I am privately printing hard-back (hbk) and paper-back (pbk) copies. Hbk copies are available for Rs.250, while pbk copies are for Rs.200.

The only way, however, to get the hbk copies is to pre-order. I will print only as few/many hbk copies as are pre-ordered. Hence, hbk copies will not (not) be available later. U can pre-order only the hard-back (hbk) copies before 2 May 2019, available for Rs.150 (rupees one hundred and fifty only) – a discount of Rs.100. This includes postage charges to anywhere in India. U will have to pay postage charges for delivery abroad.

Pbk copies can not (not) be pre-ordered and will be available at the venue of the publication ceremony on Saturday, 18 May for Rs.150 (rupees one hundred and fifty only) – a discount of Rs.50. They can also be ordered for Rs.200 after 18 May 2019. Pbk copies may be ordered in the same way as the hbk copies. If pbk copies are available, delivery will be made by post on a first-ordered, first-served basis.

So to ensure your copy of the memoir, please pre-order.

One of my sincere & honest students, Jivraj Chole (and his wife Reshma) of Uchit Media, are handling the distribution from Pune. Send a letter in writing to:
Uchit Media, First Floor, Late Building,
Behind Kulkarni Petrol Pump, Kumathekar Road, Pune - 411 030;
or an e-mail to: uchitmadhyam@gmail.com.

Your hbk pre-order, before 02 May 2019; or pbk order, after 18 May 2019; will not (not) be accepted on phone (by voice or sms or WhatsApp msg). For details about how to pay, please contact:
Uchit Media: uchitmadhyam@gmail.com ;
or Jivraj Chole: jivrajchole@gmail.com ;
or Reshma Chole:  palve.reshma@gmail.com .

To ensure your copy of my memoir, please pre-order.

Any inquiries about the book with me may be made by email to: lessonsmemlm@gmail.com

Your support is my strength.
- Joe.

Pune, Tuesday, 09 April 2019.